Thursday 26 February 2015

Thurs Threads wk157 With What I know



A Honourable Mention for this little story.

“You think these bonds are enough to hold me!” Sarah hissed. “You know nothing of what I can do.”
“Why don’t you tell me?” offered yet another doctor, pen poised despite his look of boredom.
“With what I know, I could destroy all of you.”
“Why would you want to do that?”
“Because that’s what I’m made to do.” She watched him scribble away, flexing her wrists. A restraint snapped but she didn’t move. “Dr? If I were you, I would leave.” She felt he deserved a warning, and she was feeling generous or playful; much like a cat with a mouse. “Only one of us is walking out of here you know.”
He ignored her, looking through his papers before meeting her wild gaze. “Sarah, we all have choices. For instance, I could sit here, listening to your idle threats, pretending to write up my notes . . . Or I could just do this.”
In one stride he was at Sarah’s side, his pen plunged in her free arm. His hand smothered her face, stifling her scream.
“You see Sarah, I’m just like you. Made to destroy. Made to kill. Except, I work for the other side.”
He yanked out the pen. Crimson flowed freely down a limp arm. “And yes, only one of us is walking out of here.” He shut the door quietly behind him.

226

Written for Siobhan Muir's Thursday Threads over at The Weird, the Wild and the Wicked

The judge, Tom Keller said:

Tom says: I liked the imagery and the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment