Sunday 19 May 2013

5 Sentence Fiction Accident (part 1 Zoe)


                                     
                                                      

Tightly screwing up her eyes, she blocked out her surroundings in favour of creating her own images of happier times as the cold barrel pressed firmly against her temple; this was how she was going to die, in an abandoned warehouse where the scratching of rats could be heard scurrying in anticipation of having a good meal. Her twenty first was a good place, where her family were last together before she chose her path that had unfortunately lead her here; their smiling faces behind her eyes would grieve for a while at the crude interruption to their lives but they wouldn't be surprised.   

An unmistakable muffled crack filled the air as the barrel released from her temple, clanking to the floor along with the man holding it as thick, bright blood pooled on the concrete from the gaping exit wound in his head.

“And I suppose you’re going to tell me this was no accident, that you planned all this?” the gruff yet amused voice of her handler asked as he cut away the tightly bound tape from her wrists.

“Of course because I now know where they've hidden the flash drive,” she replied with a wry smile as she picked up her abandoned gun and walked from the warehouse, not giving it a second glance as the rats edged closer to their feast.


For more Five Sentence Fiction, visit Lillie over at http://lilliemcferrin.com/five-sentence-fiction-accident/ .

11 comments:

  1. Gosh that was gripping!I get the need to know what happens next :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't planned on there being a next but going by the comments, maybe I should. I do like feisty characters and writing about them. Thank you for for stopping by!! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. This leaves one wanting to know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I am following you here & by email!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm thinking I should now do more! And not leave you wanting. And thank you for the follow. :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my...now what...so many questions left unanswered. Great tale.

    Barbara@
    http://allmylivesnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, I am a tease. I'm pleased you liked! :-) xx

      Delete
  4. I would love to read more ... please, when is the next part coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall think of another installment for you soon. :-) xx

      Delete
  5. Nice, I bet she's as smooth as she sounds...and keeps her handler on his toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just how we like our main characters. :-) xx

      Delete